We have managed to secure funding through Scottish Union Learning to run a few tutored online Mental Health Awareness Workshops – the course outline is at the end of this e-mail..
The workshops will run on MS TEAMS and be held on:
22nd June – 9.30am to 12.30pm
23rd June – 9.30am to 12.30pm
24th June – 1pm to 4pm
Places will be granted on a first come first served basis and we will notify you asap.
If you are unsuccessful in securing a place on these courses your name will be added to our priority list for future courses.
The course will be delivered by New College Lanarkshire
• Increase your knowledge of common mental health conditions.
• Understand that anyone can suffer, and that knowing about mental health is important, even if you have not yet been affected.
• Understand the mental health continuum and consider your place on it.
• Be aware of the common causes of mental health problems and know practical strategies to deal with them.
• Be aware of the signs that you or your colleagues/friends might need support, including being able to recognise the signs of stress and burnout, depression, and anxiety.
• Know when and where to get further support, should you or someone you know need it.
• Understand how COVID-19 may trigger mental health issues, and how to recognise the signs that you or others have been unduly affected.
• Learn about self-care including strategies to maintain and improve Health & Well Being.