The employers representatives COSLA have come back with an improved offer for the 2021 Pay Award. The offer is:
- An increase in the Scottish Local Government Living Wage hourly rate to £9.78.
- An £850 flat rate increase for those earning less than £25,000 annually (4.72% – 3.43% depending on starting salary). This covers national SCP 2-40 and is calculated on a nominal 37 hour working week. [Only cash improvement in offer of £50 from £800]
- A 2% increase for those earning between £25,000 and £40,000
- A 1% increase for those earning between £40,000 and £80,000
- A £800 flat rate increase for those earning more than £80,000 annually.
There is also a commitment to look at a non-detriment reduction in the working week. There is also a commitment to work with the unions for parity across local government workers for the £500 Covid-19 bonus paid to NSH and Social care staff.
The cash improvement for staff earning less than £25,000 per year equates to 97p per week. The offer is a shameless failure to recognise the work of local government staff during the pandemic.
See COSLA’s letter of Offer by clicking here.
UNISON have implored COSLA to return to the negotiating table with an improved offe3r. See the union’s response by clicking here. The union is continuing in its preparations to ballot members on industrial action. YOU DESERVE BETTER.